PROGRAM: Acupuncture and Dry Needling For the Foot & Ankle in Halkidiki, Greece Spring 2018
This is a course designed specifically for podiatrists, chiropodists, physiotherapists and chiropractors. It is a two day course, allowing you to enjoy some vacation time at a beautiful destination.
May 19 and 20, 2018
- Specific Conditions Covered
- Course Scehdule
This is a course designed specifically for podiatrists, chiropodists, physiotherapists and chiropractors. It is a two day course, allowing you to enjoy some vacation time at a beautiful destination. There is a limit of 40 practitioners for this course. The course objectives are:
- Gain relevant knowledge in selecting appropriate combination of acupuncture points and/ motor points for a variety of lower extremity disorders.
- Gain hands-on practical experience of treating a variety of lower extremity conditions using acupuncture and dry-needling points learned.
- Understand the theory and practical application of electro-acupuncture for a variety of lower extremity conditions in the clinical setting.
- Apply learned treatment strategies, techniques, and handling skills to clinical case studies.
- Understanding of basic Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) Theory relevant to a variety of lower extremity conditions the evidence based research behind it.
Continuing Education: 16 hours
May 19 and May 20, 2018
Specific Conditions Covered
- Morton’s Neuroma,
- Plantar Fasciitis,
- Achilles Tendonitis,
- Peroneal Tendonitis,
- Hallux Rigidus,
- Posterior Tibialis Tendonitis,
- Turf Toe,
- Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome,
- Ankle injuries.
Saturday, May 19, 2018 – 9am to 5pm
Sunday, May 20, 2018 – 9am to 5pm
Super Early Bird (before November 10, 2017 at 6 pm): $800.00
Early Bird (before December 31, 2017 at 6 pm): $900.00
After December 31st: $1100.00
Note: a minimum of 20 participants must be registered before February 2o, 2018. Otherwise, course will be cancelled and a full refund will be provided.
Cancellations must be received in writing to email@example.com prior to midnight on April 15, 2018 to qualify for a full refund minus a $50 dollar admin fee. Cancellations received in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org after April 15, 2018 will not be refunded. NO SHOW—FULL FEE
Tom Kiroplis, MSc.Ed., Dip.Ac., Dip.TCM, has been practicing Traditional Chinese Medicine since 1997 and has taught at the Institute of Traditional Chinese Medicine in Toronto since 1998. He was also vice president of the Ontario Association of Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine for many years. Tom has had intense additional training at the University of Nanjing in China, and has been teaching physical therapists Acupuncture within the physiotherapy clinic setting since 2001. As co-owner of three physiotherapy clinics, he has worked closely with physiotherapists since 1998, and chiropodists since 2015, adding a wealth of Acupuncture knowledge to many practices.
Len Kiroplis, PT has a Bachelors of Health Sciences in Physiotherapy from McMaster University (1994) and a BScH degree in Biology from Queen’s University (1992). He has been learning and using acupuncture and dry needling since the beginning of his career and uses it in combination with other physiotherapy techniques with great success. His education has involved courses with both Acupuncture Canada and Meridian Health Education. In 2011, he became involved in program development and growth of the APTEI ADN course series along with other courses for Meridian Health Education. He has also enjoyed acting as a teaching facilitator for all courses since 2011 and an executive rep for the Acupuncture Division of the Canadian Physiotherapy Association since 2012. He spends time reading research literature on the effectiveness of these modalities and sharing information with his colleagues.
Pomegranate Wellness Spa Hotel
National Road Nea Moudania, 632 00
+30 2373 043070
Less than one hour from Greece’s second largest airport in Thessaloniki.
Shuttle from Airport available.
Special group rate for course registrants: 122euros/per room/per night (buffet breakfast and use of spa facilities included for each guest).
A booking code will be provided to each registrant upon course registration and is valid and ready for use immediately. When booking through the hotel website (www.pomegranatespahotel.com), enter the booking code and the dates that you are planning to stay and the discount will be applied.
- Special rate is based on reservations including a 3 night minimum stay, between May 14 to 24, 2018/5/2018. Please note that starting May 25, 2018, rates are considerably higher.
- This rate applies to an Elegant Double Garden View room (two single beds and a wide chair that can be converted to a bed)
- Deposit of 30% of the total stay required upon reservation, with the remaining amount to be paid one month before arrival date
- No cancellation fees will apply if cancelled by 20th of February 2018
Wellness & Spa Services
Pomegranate Hotel is happy to offer to all participants (over 16yrs old) unlimited, every day access to our SpaPark facilities.
- Byzantine Bath, Aromatic steam bath,
- Salt Cave,
- Finnish sauna,
- Ice Fountain,
- Kneipp concept,
- Pebbles Route,
- Reaction Shower,
- Tropical rain with warm essential oils & cool mist, Russian sauna,
- Water bucket,
- Razul Cabin with mud treatments,
- Cold pool,
- large indoor relaxation pool with sea water.
What Previous Students Have Said About our Course
“Very knowledgeable and interesting to listen to. Kept my attention for the full course.”
“Very complementary to chiropody/podiatry care and a holistic approach to healthcare.”
“Enjoyed the hands-on experience. It helped reinforce the material.”
“Appreciated the detailed booklet and will be great reference in the future.”
“Needles for pain management is an inexpensive portable modality for foot pain.”
“It was a very energetic and interactive workshop. I highly recommend it to any chiropodist or podiatrist who would like to enhance his or her practical pain management practice.”
“Excellent! Very well organized and knowledgeable presenters. I plan to use this skill in my practice.”
“A very worthwhile course. Information and hands-on practice that can be incorporated into our daily work.”
“I liked how they specified conditions that are relevant to us and we can actually implement what we learn right away!”
“This was probably my favourite workshop/course in 24 years of practice. Nice work!!”
In your free time or after the completion of the course, enjoy some local sites…
- choose from a variety of sandy beaches within a ten to twenty minute drive
- enjoy olive and pine tree settings for relaxing walks in the forests of Kassandra by the sea side
- visit local traditional villages, ancient and cultural sites choosing from half day to full day excursions
- experience the warmth and hospitality of the relaxed locals
Or visit some Greek Islands…
Stay a few extra days, fly to Athens and go Greek Island hopping via ferry travel, starting from Piraeus port. Or fly directly to islands from nearby Thessaloniki airport. A few of the many beautiful islands include: Milos, Hydra, Santorini, Mykonos and Thassos.
Also, visit Athens, the heart of ancient Greece, dominated by 5th century BC landmarks, including the Acropolis.